All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionIf you are looking for an incisive overview of current thinking and practice in the field of learning disabilities, then this is the book for you. Written by a highly experienced team of authors, this handy pocket-sized guide succinctly captures the fundamental ideas in policy and practice that currently dominate the field of learning disabilities. With a strong grounding in ethics and values, the book focuses on the experience of people with learning disabilities through examination of topics such as discrimination, communication and assistive techlogy, as well as promoting readers' understanding of key areas such as care planning, accommodation and application of the Human Rights Act 1998. With explicit 'Implications for Practice' points and extensive signposting to further reading, A-Z of Learning Disabilities is an essential resource t only for students and practitioners in learning disability nursing or social work, but also teachers, policymakers, families and anyone who lives with, or whose work brings them into contact with, people who have learning disabilities.
- Author BiographyAngela Olsen, Andrea Pepe and Dan Redfearn are lecturers at the University of Salford, UK. They teach across nursing and social work programmes, and deliver the Integrated Practice in Learning Disabilities Nursing and Social Work course.
- Author(s)Andrea Pepe,Angela Olsen,Dan Redfearn
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication07/10/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleProfessional Keywords
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight263 g
- Width127 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.