All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe folklore of the rth-east has provided a rich tapestry for the tales within; from Celtic and Pictish origins meet witches, selkies, smugglers, fairies, monsters, despicable rogues, riddles and heroes. Tragic events, spellbinding characters, humour, romance and clever minds are bound together by two well-established storytellers living and working in the city and shire of Aberdeen. Some of the tales in this collection are based on historical fact while others are embedded in myth and legend. All the stories are set against the backdrop of this lovely and varied landscape; the silver city and surrounding farm lands, the forested and mountaius terrain through which the River Dee flows, the rolling, gentler land surrounding the meandering River Don and the beautiful but sometimes forbidding Aberdeenshire coastline. Sheena and Grace have both been inspired in their storytelling and singing by the traveller, raconteur and balladeer, Stanley Robertson.
- Author BiographyGrace Banks is a storyteller, singer, and clarsach player. She researches local history mainly and currently works for www.readingbus.co.uk. She was a guest at the International Story Festival, Scotland 2012 and in previous years. Sheena Blackhall is a writer, illustrator, traditional ballad singer, and storyteller. From 1998-2003 she was Creative Writing Fellow in Scots at Aberdeen University's Elphinstone Institute. She has published four Scots novellas, 15 short story collectionsandmore than 90 poetry collections. In 2009 she became Makar (poet laureate) for Aberdeenandthe North East.
- Author(s)Grace Banks,Sheena Blackhall
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width124 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.