All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNot every activist starts out with the goal of changing the world. Some have their life shaped by chance, quirks of timing and strange coincidences. And an unwillingness - or simple inability - to fully igre the horrors perpetrated on animals today. Since Matt Ball learned of factory farms well over a quarter century ago, his journey has been anything but linear. Instead, his evolution has been fraught with denial, regression, conflicts and failures. Matt's evolution shows that t every activist is a confident extrovert with all the answers. His struggles - often publicly played out in written form, in newsletters, mailings, blogs - have influenced, directly and indirectly, countless individuals. Even though accidental and reluctant, the hard-learned, but, ultimately, pragmatic lessons Matt shares in this book are changing the world. Having learned from years of mistakes, his insights can help others be effective and, hopefully, happier as well. As Peter Singer tes, A new future is in sight, one that Matt, Vegan Outreach and other advocates are hard at work creating. This book can help each of us be a part of bringing about this new future.
- Author BiographyMatt Ball, along with Jack Norris, co-founded Vegan Outreach in 1993. Before working full-time as the Executive Director of Vegan Outreach, he was a Department of Energy Global Change Fellow and earned degrees in the Department of Forest Ecology at the University of Illinois and the Department of Engineering and Public Policy at Carnegie Mellon University. Matt was elected into the Animal Rights Hall of Fame in 2005. Vegan Outreach activists have distributed millions of detailed animal advocacy booklets around the world, with distribution growing every year.
- Author(s)Matt Ball
- PublisherLantern Books,US
- Date of Publication17/06/2014
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintLantern Books,US
- Weight299 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Introduction byPaul A. Shapiro
- Foreword byPeter Singer
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.72Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.