Administrative Medical Assisting: Foundations and Practices by Christine Malone (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $72.32+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionAdministrative Medical Assisting, Second Edition, provides readers with a thorough understanding of the administrative areas of medical assisting-from communication styles to insurance billing to patient safety and more. This text fully addresses the administrative competencies of both the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) and the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) for medical assisting programs. The text's teaching and learning package includes an Instructor Resource Guide, a Student Workbook, and more. ' Teaching and Learning Experience: * Provides extensive coverage of the administrative medical assisting profession * Meets the highest standards outlined by CAAHEP and ABHES, and provides all of the tools needed for student success * Loaded with critical thinking exercises, real-world scenarios, and learning tools throughout Also available with MyHealthProfessionsLab(TM) This title is also available with MyHealthProfessionsLab-an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn and test their understanding to help them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyHealthProfessionsLab, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
- Author BiographyChristine Malone, BS, MHA studied management practice and theory at Henry Cogswell College, receiving her B.S. in Professional Management. She continued her education at the University of Washington, obtaining her Master's Degree in Health Administration. Christine is currently working toward her Ph.D. in Business Administration with a Health Care focus. Christine has over 20 years experience in the healthcare field having spent time working as a dental assistant, a medical receptionist, an x-ray technician, medical clinic director, and as a consultant to healthcare providers focusing on strategic management, efficient office flow, and human resource management. Since 2004, Christine has been teaching within the Health Sciences Department at Everett Community College in Washington State. There she teaches Medical Office Management, Computer Applications in the Medical Office, Medical Practice Finances, Intercultural Communications in Healthcare, and Medical Law and Ethics. In 2006 Christine researched and developed a certificate program in Healthcare Risk Management. This series of three courses is offered via distance learning and provides the student who successfully completes the three courses a Certificate in Healthcare Risk Management. Christine was elected to the Snohomish County Charter Review Commission in Washington State, a 1-year position from 2005-2006. She is the co-chair of the Young Careerists Group within the Business and Professional Women's Association of Greater Everett, a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE), a member of the Washington State Healthcare Executive Forum (WSHEF), a member of the American Society for Healthcare Risk Management (ASHRM), a member of the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE), and is active in healthcare politics on both a local and national level. Christine has been the guest speaker at various events on healthcare issues and in continuing education meetings across Washington State and has received her certification in vocational teaching as well as palliative care training. Christine and her husband have five children and live in a 100-year-old home in Everett, Washington. In 1999, their third child, Ian, was injured due to medical negligence during his birth. Ian lived four and a half years before succumbing to his injuries in 2004. This was the genesis of Christine's work toward improving patient safety in healthcare. Her input has been sought by legislative committees, editorial boards, and many policy makers. A nationally recognized healthcare reform advocate, Christine has appeared on the Today Show, NBC Nightly News, ABC Nightly News, the CBC's The National, in The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, and on Salon.com.
- Author(s)Christine Malone
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication27/10/2014
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1402 g
- Width220 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.