All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdvanced Nutrition and Dietetics in Gastroenterology provides informative and broad-ranging coverage of the relation between nutrition and diet and the gastrointestinal tract. It explores dietary factors involved in causation of a variety of gastrointestinal disorders, as well as the effects on diet and the treatments available. It also provides an overview of anatomy and physiology, measurement and assessment of function, and dietary components relevant to gastrointestinal health. ABOUT THE SERIES Dietary recommendations need to be based on solid evidence, but where can you find this information? The British Dietetic Association and the publishers of the Manual of Dietetic Practice present an essential and authoritative reference series on the evidence base relating to advanced aspects of nutrition and diet in selected clinical specialties. Each book provides a comprehensive and critical review of key literature in its subject. Each covers established areas of understanding, current controversies and areas of future development and investigation, and is oriented around six key themes: Disease processes, including metabolism, physiology, and genetics Disease consequences, including morbidity, mortality, nutritional epidemiology and patient perspectives Nutritional consequences of diseases Nutritional assessment, drawing on anthropometric, biochemical, clinical, dietary, ecomic and social approaches Clinical investigation and management Nutritional and dietary management Trustworthy, international in scope, and accessible, Advanced Nutrition and Dietetics is a vital resource for a range of practitioners, researchers and educators in nutrition and dietetics, including dietitians, nutritionists, doctors and specialist nurses.
- Author BiographyAbout the Editor Miranda Lomer is a Senior Consultant Dietitian in Gastroenterology at Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London and an Honorary Senior Lecturer in Nutritional Sciences at King s College London, UK. She was formerly the Chairperson of the Gastroenterology Specialist Group of the British Dietetic Association. About the Series Editor Kevin Whelan is Professor of Dietetics at King s College London. He is also Associate Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication15/08/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvanced Nutrition and Dietetics (BDA)
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight644 g
- Width171 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMiranda Lomer
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.