Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionAFTER THE DIAGNOSIS: HOW PATIENTS REACT AND HOW TO HELP THEM COPE provides readers with practical, realistic guidelines that help patients harness both emotional and rational strengths as they communicate with healthcare professionals, gather information, evaluate treatment options, make informed treatment decisions, and manage their condition. AFTER THE DIAGNOSIS is the first and only book to help healthcare professionals, nurses, physician's assistants, nursing assistants, and those from other allied professions understand how newly diagsed patients react emotionally.
- Author BiographyGary McClain is a licensed counselor, research consultant, speaker, and author who specializes in the emotional impact of chronic and catastrophic illnesses. Gary McClain works with caregivers on ways to help their loved ones as well as deal with their own helplessness. He consults with community organizations on the needs of newly diagnosed patients, and often addresses local and national groups, including the American Counseling Association, the Association of Adult Development and Aging, the American Mental Health Counseling Association, and the National Hemophilia Foundation. Professional affiliations include the American Counseling Association, the New York Mental Health Counselor's Association, the Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine, and the Employee Assistance Professionals Association. Dr. McClain is President-Elect of the Association for Adult Development and Aging. He holds an Advanced Certificate in Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy (REBT) from the Albert Ellis Institute in New York City. He has also received training in grief counseling and critical incident stress management. Dr. McClain completed graduate work in Clinical Psychology and Education, and was awarded a Master of Science Degree from Eastern Michigan University and a Doctorate Degree from the University of Michigan He contributes regularly to publications that include Body Positive Magazine, Caring for Cancer, Arthritis Self-Management, and Hep C Connection, and writes a regular column on mental health issues for HIV Plus Magazine. He maintains an award-winning Website, www.JustGotDiagnosed.com, with information for patients and caregivers facing chronic and catastrophic illness.
- Author(s)Gary McClain,Michelle Buchman
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2011
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, colour tables
- Weight777 g
- Width217 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.