All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe American art collection at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, has grown significantly over the past two decades and reached new heights with such spectacular recent acquisitions as Albert Bierstadt's Indians Spear Fishing and Frank Stella's Damascus Gate (Stretch Variation III). Along with showcasing artworks from the colonial period to the present, this beautiful and inspiring book explores the museum's mission of collection-building and how it is exemplified by the generosity of its dors. American Art and Philanthropy is organized in a chrological fashion and also emphasizes common visual themes in the collection. The museum's many acclaimed special collections are highlighted, including the 1996 acquisition of a large group of works by Jackson Pollock, the 2002 Helen Williams Drutt Collection of artist-made jewelry, and the 2007 Garth Clark and Mark Del Vecchio Collection of modern and contemporary ceramics.
- Author BiographyPeter C. Marzio is the director of the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston.
- Author(s)Peter C. Marzio
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication14/09/2010
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note365 color illus.
- Weight2630 g
- Width228 mm
- Height304 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.