All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $74.11Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionA exquisite, small-size hardcover photo book with lyrical text. The color photographs from Amish life are striking, artistic, and full of energy. The book is built around a lyric entitled Song of a People by author Merle Good. Includes a short introduction to the Amish people, capturing their spirit and way of life. Small, exquisite, and beautiful. Belonging to a people is a precious thing. The Old Order Amish kw this. They are sustained by an abiding sense of community, the spirit of historic faith, the call of discipline, and the joyful restraint of beauty. Yet life for the Amish is t a fairy tale. They, too, are visited by disappointment, grief, and failure. But, on balance, the embrace of community, the harvest after the toil, the peace from following God, and the promise in the eyes of the young people all lead to a deep sense of contentment
- Author BiographyMerle Good is an author, publisher and playwright from Lancaster, Pennsylvania. He has written numerous books and articles, including Op-Ed essays for The New York Times and The Washington Post. He and his wife Phyllis oversee a series of projects in publishing and the arts. They are the parents of two adult daughters.
- Author(s)Merle Good
- PublisherGood Books
- Date of Publication01/01/1997
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationIntercourse
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGood Books,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight128 g
- Width146 mm
- Height146 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.