All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.74Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.41
About this product
- DescriptionBrief, brilliantly written, and kissed by a sense of the absurd....like a much lazier, Mexico City version of Dostoevsky's Underground Man. <b>John Powers, <i>Fresh Air</i></b> Daniel Saldana Paris kws how to talk about those other tragedies populating daily life: a boring, unwanted marriage; mind numbing office work; family secrets. He builds on those bricks of tedium a greatly enjoyable and splendidly well-written suburban farce. <b>Yuri Herrera</b> Rodrigo likes his vacant lot, its resident chicken, and being left alone. But when passivity finds him accidentally married to Cecilia, he trades Mexico City for the sun-bleached desolation of his hometown and domestic life with Cecilia for the debauched company of a poet, a philosopher, and Micaela, whose allure includes the promise of time travel. Earthy, playful, and sly, <i>Among Strange Victims </i>is a psychedelic ode to the pleasures of t measuring up.</p><b>Daniel Saldana Paris </b>(born Mexico City, 1984) is an essayist, poet, and velist whose work has been translated into English, French, and Swedish and anthologized, most recently in <i>Mexico20: New Voices, Old Traditions</i>, published in the United Kingdom by Pushkin Press. <i>Among Strange Victims </i>is his first vel to appear in the United States. He lives in Montreal, Quebec.
- Author BiographyDaniel Saldana Paris (born Mexico City, 1984) is an essayist, poet and novelist whose work has been translated into English, French, and Swedish and anthologized, most recently in <i>Mexico20: New Voices, Old Traditions</i>, published in the UK by Pushkin Press. Among Strange Victims is his first novel to appear in the US. He lives in Montreal. Christina MacSweeney has an MA in literary translation from the University of East Anglia and specializes in Latin American fiction. She has also translated Valeria Luiselli s novels, <i>Faces in the Crowd</i> and <i>The Story of My Teeth</i>, and essay collection, <i>Sidewalks</i>.
- Author(s)Daniel Saldana Paris
- PublisherCoffee House Press
- Date of Publication07/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCoffee House Press
- Weight272 g
- Width137 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated byChristina Macsweeney
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.