All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis fully illustrated reference book charts the complete history of frigates, from their post-World War I function as escort vessels, their role as sloops and corvettes, and their subsequent transformation into post-World War II anti-submarine vessels. A country-by-country directory of over 70 classes describes the main characteristics of each vessel. Each entry, with its expert commentary and high-quality photography, is accompanied by a specification box detailing country of origin, displacement, dimensions, armament, machinery, power, performance and protection. A useful glossary containing definitions of key naval terms is included at the back of the book. With its lively narrative and over 235 photographs, this authoritative volume provides historians and enthusiasts with key information about these important naval vessels.
- Author BiographyBernard Ireland has spent his working life with the Royal Naval Scientific Service and its successor organizations, gaining experience in many aspects of naval research. To an already deep interest in naval history he has thus added a considerable in-depth knowledge of warship technology, enabling him to assess a design's strengths and weaknesses. In a parallel career, he has acted as freelance technical illustrator to major shipping companies and other organizations. He has written 30 books on maritime technological or historical subjects, and has also contributed to many partworks and journals.
- Author(s)Bernard Ireland
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note235 photographs
- Weight517 g
- Width236 mm
- Height298 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.