All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, award-winning educator Kieran Egan shows how we can transform the experience of K-12 students and help them become more kwledgeable and more creative in their thinking. At the core of this transformative process is imagination which can become the heart of effective learning if it is tied to education's central tasks. An Imaginative Approach to Teaching is a groundbreaking book that offers an understanding of how students' imaginations work in learning and shows how the acquisition of cognitive tools drives students' educational development. This approach is unique in that it engages both the imagination and emotions. The author clearly demonstrates how kwledge comes to life in students' minds if it is introduced in the context of human hopes, fears, and passions. To facilitate this new educational approach, the book includes a wide variety of effective teaching tools - such as story, rhythm, play, opposition, agency, and meta-narrative understanding - that value and build upon the way children understand their experiences. Most important, Egan provides frameworks for lesson planning and more than a dozen sample lessons to show how teachers can use these tools to awaken intelligence and imagination in the classroom.
- Author BiographyKieran Egan is professor of education at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver. His work focuses on teaching practices that develop a child's imagination. Dr. Egan is recipient of the prestigious Grawemeyer Award and a member of the National Academy of Education. He is also author of numerous books, including The Educated Mind and Teaching as Storytelling.
- Author(s)Kieran Egan
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/07/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJossey Bass Wiley
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight420 g
- Width159 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.