An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of States: How Taxes, Energy, and Worker Freedom Change Everything by Arthur Laffer, Rex A. Sinquefield, Stephen Moore, Travis H. Brown (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $48.77+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionA passionate, detailed, quantified argument for state-level tax reform An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of States explains why eliminating or lowering tax burdens at the state level leads to ecomic growth and wealth creation. A passionate argument for tax reform, the book shows that even states with small populations can benefit ermously with the right policies. The authors detailed exposition evaluates the impact state and local government policies have on a state s relative performance and ecomic growth overall, backed up with ecomic data and analysis. Facts don t lie. But they do point clearly to the failure of so-called progressive tax schemes designed more to curry favor with selected constituencies than to create an ecomic system that leads to individual wealth as the reward for hard work and entrepreneurial risk taking. An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of States is a detailed and critical look at income taxation across the nation, and drills down into an analysis of the ecomic growth or malaise that results from tax policy. Arguing eloquently that a state cant tax itself into prosperity, just as the impoverished cant spend themselves into wealth, the authors point out what many inherently kw but often fear to say out loud. The book provides detailed quantitative analysis, and discusses the policy variables that can have ermous effects on the financial well-being of states and individual residents, such as: * Personal and corporate income tax rates * Total tax burden as a percentage of personal income * Estate and inheritance taxes * Right-to-work laws An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of States shows everyone how to evaluate state-level fiscal and ecomic policies to become more competitive.
- Author BiographyARTHUR B. LAFFER, PhD, is the founder and chairman of Laffer Associates, an economic research firm focusing on interconnecting macroeconomic, political, and demographic changes. STEPHEN MOORE is chief economist at The Heritage Foundation. He focuses on budget, tax, and monetary policy. REX A. SINQUEFIELD was a co-founder and director of Dimensional Fund Advisors LP. Since retirement, he has become one of Missouri's leading philanthropists and a dedicated supporter of public policy change. TRAVIS H. BROWN is the CEO and co-founder of Pelopidas, LLC, a public affairs and issue-advocacy firm. He frequently contributes to Fox & Friends and Forbes.com and is the author of How Money Walks.
- Author(s)Arthur Laffer,Rex A. Sinquefield,Stephen Moore,Travis H. Brown
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication04/04/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight576 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.