All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA selection of topics which graduate students have found to be a successful introduction to the field, employing three distinct techniques: geometric topology maeuvres, combinatorics, and algebraic topology. Each topic is developed until significant results are achieved and each chapter ends with exercises and brief accounts of the latest research. What may reasonably be referred to as kt theory has expanded ermously over the last decade and, while the author describes important discoveries throughout the twentieth century, the latest discoveries such as quantum invariants of 3-manifolds as well as generalisations and applications of the Jones polymial are also included, presented in an easily intelligible style. Readers are assumed to have kwledge of the basic ideas of the fundamental group and simple homology theory, although explanations throughout the text are numerous and well-done. Written by an internationally kwn expert in the field, this will appeal to graduate students, mathematicians and physicists with a mathematical background wishing to gain new insights in this area.
- Author(s)W.B.Raymond Lickorish
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/10/1997
- Series TitleGraduate Texts in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 175
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note6 black & white tables, biography
- Weight488 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.