Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionAn Introduction to Surface Alloying of Metals aims to serve as a primer to the basic aspects of surface alloying of metals. The book serves to elucidate fundamentals of surface modification and their engineering applications. The book starts with basics of surface alloying and goes on to cover key surface alloying methods, such as carburizing, nitriding, chromizing, duplex treatment and the characterization of surface layers. The book will prove useful to students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, as also to researchers and practitioners looking for a quick introduction to surface alloying.
- Author BiographySantosh S. Hosmani is a metallurgist by education. He holds a bachelors degree in Metallurgical Engineering from NIT Nagpur and an M.Tech. in Process Metallurgy from IIT Bombay. He did his PhD work at Max Planck Institute, Stuttgart, Germany. He completed his PhD in 2006 in the area of nitriding under the guidance of Prof. E.J. Mittemeijer. He continued his research as a post-doctoral researcher in Germany and at CWRU, Cleveland, USA. Since 2009, he has held faculty positions at NIT Surathkal and at IIT Delhi. Currently, he is Assistant Professor in the Department of Metallurgy & Materials Science, College of Engineering, Pune. He has published several papers in international and national journals and conference proceedings. P. Kuppusami is currently Senior Scientist at the Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Sathyabama University, Chennai. He holds specializations in the areas of surface modification, thin films and coatings by plasma and laser methods. In the past he has served as Head, X-ray Diffraction and Surface Engineering Section of the Physical Metallurgy Group at the Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam, India. He has worked as a DAAD fellow at Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin, Germany and as a JSPS Fellow at National Institute for Materials Science, Tsukuba, Japan. He has published about 140 papers in peer reviewed journals and conference proceedings. He also has to his credit 170 contributed and invited papers, 3 book chapters, 2 review papers and 5 patents. He is a life member of Indian Physics Association and the Indian Institute of Metals. Rajendra K. Goyal received his PhD. in Materials Science from IIT Bombay in 2007 and his bachelor's degree in Metallurgical Engineering from NIT Jaipur in 1996. He joined the Department of Metallurgy and Materials Science, College of Engineering, Pune, India, where he now serves as Associate Professor. He has industrial and research experience of over 14 years. He has successfully completed several research projects funded by national funding agencies like ISRO and UGC. He has several awards and prizes in his credit. He has published over 40 papers in national and international peer-reviewed journals and presented more than 60 research papers at conferences. His main research areas are composites/nanocomposites, nanomaterials, characterization of materials, electronic materials, structure-properties relationship, etc.
- Author(s)P. Kuppusami,Rajendra Goyal,Santosh Hosmani
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication26/04/2014
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleSpringerbriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology/Springerbriefs in Manufacturing and Surface Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note70 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables, biography
- Weight237 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.