All listings for this product
Save on Audio Books
- AU $16.32Trending at AU $20.57
- AU $89.47Trending at AU $97.51
- AU $30.20Trending at AU $37.61
- AU $27.59Trending at AU $32.43
- AU $21.05Trending at AU $28.91
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $25.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $51.07
About this product
- DescriptionWelcome to the Village of Ballybucklebo. Come and say hello to Dr. O'Reilly's odd-as-two-left feet patients, his housekeeper, Mrs. Kinky Kinkaid, and O'Reilly's pets, Arthur Guinness, the beer-swilling black Lab and Lady MacBeth, the demonically possessed white cat. And of course, to young Dr. Barry Laverty. After Barry's first month as an assistant to crusty Dr. O'Reilly, he has been offered a permanent spot. But Laverty's excitement is dashed when one of his patients unexpectedly dies. The damage to his reputation is ermous, and he and O'Reilly must work to resolve the question of Barry's responsibility for the death. They also have to figure out how to save the four-hundred-year-old village pub. Plans are afoot to t renew the hundred-year lease and instead transform the old pub into a sparkling new tourist trap. To make matters even worse, Patricia Spence, the love of Barry's life, anunces she is trying to win a scholarship to distant Cambridge University, all the way in England.... Beautifully evocative of a gentler, simpler time, Patrick Taylor's An Irish Country Village magically captures the charm, wit, and ribald humor of a vanished Irish countryside and its people.
- Author BiographyPatrick Taylor, M.D., was born and raised in Bangor County Down in Northern Ireland. After qualifying as a specialist in 1969, Dr. Taylor worked in Canada for thirty-one years. He now divides his time between Canada and Ireland. John Keating's numerous acting credits include Roundabout Theatre's production of Juno and the Paycock and La Mama ETC's production of Cat and the Moon, as well as various parts with the Irish Repertory Theater and the Irish Arts Center. He is a regular performer with the Independent Shakespeare Company and can also be seen in the HBO original mini-series John Adams, starring Paul Giamatti and Laura Linney. John's audiobook narrations have earned Earphone Awards and an Audie nomination. Most notably, he's read Eoin Colfer's Airman, Avi's The Traitors' Gate, and Jenny Nimmo's The Snow Spider. He also lent his voice to many of Patrick Taylor's Irish Country audiobooks.
- Author(s)Patrick Taylor
- PublisherMacMillan Audio
- Date of Publication05/02/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMacMillan Audio
- Weight299 g
- Width153 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Read byJohn Keating
- Contained items statement12 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time840
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.