All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionRemember Christmases of old? Simpler times, when four-year-old orphans were used for market research and Santa could call a pretty elf Sweet Cheeks and t get slapped with a sexual harassment suit? In An Old-Fashioned Christmas, author Patrick Regan collects images from the golden days of Christmas and pairs them with wryly sardonic captions to offer a reminder of what Christmas is really all about-namely, hobos, orphans, boozed-up Santa's, pill-popping housewives, and the shattered dreams of adorable children. Fans of Regan's The Book of Bad Habitswill take twisted delight in his skewering of the most cherished (and overstuffed) holiday of all. The 1940s, '50s, and '60s-vintage photos are odd eugh on their own, but when Regan's caustic captions start flying, tradition is safe from mockery. Christmas just ain't what it used to be judging from the subversive gems in this more naughty-than-nice book.
- Author BiographyWriter Patrick Regan lives in Kansas City, Missouri, and is the author of numerous gift, trade, humor, and children's books.
- Author(s)Patrick Regan
- PublisherAndrews McMeel Publishing
- Date of Publication03/11/2008
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationKansas City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAndrews McMeel Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width132 mm
- Height129 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.