All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe older traditional Human Anatomical Textbooks included numerous anatomical eponyms. This was a desire to perpetuate the memory of original investigators by associating their names with the anatomical structures that they had discovered. The current trends in most medical school curricula have reduced the subject matter in Human Anatomy to its barest essentials with the elimination of all eponyms. Both students and teachers are w deprived of learning the history associated with many of the former great anatomists. The objective of this book is therefore to introduce eponyms with pictures or plates depicting the investigator for which the anatomical structure is named. Only the more common eponyms associated with the various anatomical systems of the human body are included.
- Author BiographyDr. Kurt Gilliland has always been interested in both anatomical sciences and history. Having received a BA in biology, MS in physiology, and PhD in cell biology and anatomy, he is currently an assistant professor in the school of Medicine at the University of North Carolina where he teaches gross anatomy, embryology, and histology to first-year medical students in addition to conducting laboratory research on the cause of cataracts. He is co-author of The Human Body: Structure and Development and Appleton and Lange Review of Anatomy and is also a member of the American Association of Clinical Anatomists. Dr. Royce Montgomery, who holds a BA in biology, MS in zoology and PhD in anatomy, is a professor in the School of Medicine at the University of North Carolina where he has been a faculty member since 1965. Specializing in gross anatomy and neuroanatomy, he has taught over 10,000 students of medicine, dentistry and physical therapy. He is co-author or author of The Human Body:Structure and Development and Appleton and Lange Review of Anatomy, Head and Neck Anatomy, and Basic Anatomy for the Allied Health Professions.
- Author(s)Kurt Ogden Gilliland,Royce L. Montgomery
- Publisher5m Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNottingham University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.