All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis classic book, whose foremost author was one of the great artistic anatomy teachers of the twentieth century, is an invaluable instructor and reference guide for any professional, amateur, or student artist who depicts the human form. Revealing the drawing principles behind one hundred inspiring masterpieces, the book presents work by Leonardo, Michelangelo, Rubens, Raphael, Titian, Rembrandt, and other greats. These superb portrayers of figures knew that the secret of drawing them was seeing how underlying bone and muscle structures mold the body's surface forms. Readers are shown how to learn from these great examples as the authors guide them through all the steps they would take in a life class or studio working with live models.
- Author BiographyRobert Beverly Hale was America's best-known teacher of figure/anatomy drawing during his long years as an instructor at the Art Students League and other fine institutions. The late master also curated American paintings and sculpture for the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Terence Coyle, an artist and respected teacher whose work is exhibited often and included in many notable collections, homes in New York and Stockbridge, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Robert Beverly Hale,Terence Coyle
- PublisherWatson-Guptill Publications
- Date of Publication01/08/1997
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWatson-Guptill Publications Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date01/09/2009
- Content Note230 b&w illustrations
- Weight730 g
- Width209 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.