Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionCombining a student-friendly approach with in-depth coverage, this book gives an enthusiastic and thoroughly contemporary examination of all the key elements of film studies. It: offers practical guidance on essay-writing, including analysis of sample essays; covers hot topics and new trends, from digital film to YouTube; and, is packed with new examples in visual and text format. This brief, jargon-free introduction to film appreciation and analysis helps students develop a critical awareness of cinema without overwhelming them. Including new features, updated examples and greater attention to growing trends, the new edition provides deeper coverage of key theory, concepts and termilogy for all film students.
- Author BiographyBERNARD F. DICK is Professor of Communication and English in the School of Art and Media Studies at Farleigh Dickinson University's Teaneck, New Jersey campus, USA. He is the author of a number of books on film including The Star-Spangled Screen: The American World War II Film, Engulfed: The Death of Paramount Pictures and The Birth of Corporate Hollywood, and most recently, Hal Wallis, Producer to the Stars.
- Author(s)Bernard F. Dick
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication22/05/2009
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note135
- Weight488 g
- Width152 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.