All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAncestors and Elites examines prehispanic ritual behaviors characteristic of the Casas Grandes region of Chihuahua, Mexico. Gordon Rakita analyzes the archaeological data from the site with respect to broader anthropological theories regarding both religious practices and the rise of complex societies. This confluence of empirical fact and general theory allows Rakita to explore in detail the complex, reciprocal relationship between ritual practices and developing social complexity at Paquime, one of the best-documented archaeological sites in the region.
- Author BiographyGordon F. M. Rakita is associate professor of anthropology at the University of North Florida.
- Author(s)Gordon F. M. Rakita
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication16/04/2009
- Series TitleArchaeology of Religion
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width160 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.24
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.06
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.71
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.24
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.84
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $48.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.