All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionTaiwanese born, Ang Lee (b. 1954) has produced diverse films in his award-winning body of work. Sometimes working in the West, sometimes in the East, he creates films that defy easy categorization and continue to amaze audiences worldwide. Lee has won an Academy Award two times for Best Director--the first Asian to win--for films as different as a small drama about gay cowboys in Brokeback Mountain (2005), and the 3D technical wizardry in Life of Pi (2012). He has garnered numerous accolades and awards worldwide. Lee has made a broad range of movies, including his so-called Father Kws Best trilogy made up of his first three films: Pushing Hands (1992), The Wedding Banquet (1993), and Eat Drink Man Woman (1994), as well as 1970s period drama The Ice Storm (1997), martial arts film Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000), superhero blockbuster Hulk (2003), and hippie retro trip Taking Woodstock (2009). Thoughtful and passionate, Ang Lee humbly reveals here a personal journey that brought him from Taiwan to his chosen home in the United States as he struggled and ultimately triumphed in his quest to become a superb filmmaker. Ang Lee: Interviews collects the best interviews of this reticent yet bold figure.
- Author BiographyKarla Rae Fuller, Chicago, Illinois, is an associate professor in the Cinema Art Science Department at Columbia College Chicago. She is the author of Hollywood Goes Oriental: Cauc-Asian Performance in American Film.
- PublisherUniversity Press of Mississippi
- Date of Publication30/03/2016
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleConversations with Filmmakers Series
- Place of PublicationJackson
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Mississippi
- Content NoteFilmography
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byKarla Rae Fuller
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.