All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionViolence has been a part of the human condition for a long time. Evidence from the distant past of hominids shows traces of violence inflicted by other hominids. The history of our own species has more than its share of violent encounters--sometimes rising to the level of sheer brutality. Indeed, the examples of human inhumanity are so numerous and so diverse, one might entertain the thesis that violence is hardwired, as it were, into the genetic makeup of our species. The thesis underlying this book is that in order to better understand violence, it is important to examine anger and aggression and the interrelationship among the three concepts. Feelings of anger often precede aggressive and violent acts. If we learn how to control anger better, we can expect a reduction in violent acts. And aggression itself may be channeled into behaviors which can be useful rather than destructive. This book addresses the problem of anger by using an interdisciplinary approach, drawing on research from psychology, anthropology, sociology and history as well as statistical data provided by crimilogists.
- Author BiographyPsychologist <b>Paul R. Robbins</b> practiced psychotherapy in Silver Spring, Maryland for many years. He has had a long career as a researcher, publishing numerous scientific papers in psychological and psychiatric journals and is the author of 17 books, among them the <i>Choice</i> Outstanding Academic Title <i>Romantic Relationships</i>.
- Author(s)Paul R. Robbins
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication28/02/2001
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.