CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $50.21Trending at AU $51.29
- AU $35.33Trending at AU $40.34
- AU $24.53Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $30.71Trending at AU $33.46
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.29
- AU $28.23Trending at AU $28.66
- AU $12.09Trending at AU $19.68
About this product
- DescriptionIf you enjoy reading about the Anglo-Saxons and Vikings, especially about the grim and gory aspects of each era, this is the book for you! What sort of work could job-hunters in Anglo-Saxon and Viking Times expect to find? An Anglo-Saxon might become a monk, painstakingly copying out manuscripts by hand and fending off attacks from ferocious Viking invaders, or a nettle collector, pounding stinging nettles to release their flax-like fibres and boiling them to make a medicinal tea. What were the pay and conditions like for a cook or a charm-maker in Anglo-Saxon and Viking Times? Which were the most dangerous jobs and which the most high status? The book is illustrated throughout with photos of artefacts from the period from the Art Archive and complemented by quirky and humorous but historically accurate drawings by Alex Paterson.
- Author BiographyClive Gifford is the author of more than 150 children's books including 'Eye Benders', winner of the Royal Society Young People's Book Prize, Royal Society-nominated 'Out of This World' and '30 Seconds Space'.
- Author(s)Clive Gifford
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication23/07/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleThe Best and Worst Jobs
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Out-of-print date05/04/2016
- Weight350 g
- Width217 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.