All listings for this product
About this product
- Description*Animals Real and Imagined is a fantastic visual voyage into the world of animals, both real and imagined. There is end to the diverse and unique creatures that Terryl Whitlatch creates for us with her solid kwledge of anatomy and boundless imagination. Especially intriguing are the 100s of anatomical tes that are dispersed among her sketches, educating and enlightening us to the foundation of living bodies and their mechanics.
- Author BiographyTerryl Whitlatch is an accomplished, scientific and academically trained illustrator who extensively studied vertebrate zoology and animal anatomy. She has worked for various zoos and museums in the US and The World Wildlife Fund as Senior consultant for Wildlife Art and Animal Anatomy. She is considered to be one of the top creature designers and animal anatomists working in the field today In a career spanning over 25 years, Terryl has many projects to her credit, including Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: The Special Edition, Jumanji 1 and 2, Men in Black, Brother Bear, Dragonheart, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Curious George, The Polar Express, and Beowulf. For over seven years, Terryl worked for Lucasfilm Ltd., Industrial Light & Magic and George Lucas' JAK Films. Her unique combination of illustration skills and comprehensive knowledge of animal anatomy and movement are essential components in the design, anatomy and physical animation aspects of believable creature creation. In her work on Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, she worked directly with George Lucas for whom she designed countless creatures for the films and related products, including CD-ROMs. A collection of her work for Lucasfilm, The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide was published by Chronicle Books in 2001 to critical acclaim and popular success. Terryl also designed for many electronic and interactive games for leading publishers including Steven's Spielberg's The Dig, for LucasArts. Terryl has also worked with many major studios and effects houses as a highly sought after creature and concept designer. Clients include Industrial Light and Magic, Lucasfilm, Ltd., Pixar, Walt Disney Feature Animation, PDI, Entertainment Arts, LucasArts, Chronicle Books, and various zoos and natural history museums. Terryl is also the author of The Katurran Odyssey , volume one of a forthcoming series The Katurran Trilogy . In addition Terryl is involved with several other book and film concepts, as well as teaching Creature Design and Construction/Anatomy at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco, CA.
- Author(s)Terryl Whitlatch
- PublisherDesign Studio Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationCulver City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDesign Studio Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width229 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.