All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionEarly in his career, Eugene O'Neill (1888 1953) wrote a series of plays revolving around characters obsessed with the sea. This period culminated in the 1922 production of Anna Christie, a Pulitzer Prize winning drama of social realism that was among the first of the author's plays to explore characters searching for their own identities. Centering on the reunion of a barge captain and his daughter after a twenty-year separation, the play derives its tension from the former's disaffection for the seafaring life and the latter's love for a sailor. The father-daughter conflict elicits a shocking confession, which illuminates the author's contention that character is fate and the seemingly external forces controlling destiny actually lie within. Anna Christie amply displays O'Neill's extraordinary insights into character and his masterly use of language, qualities that have earned him acclaim as one of America's greatest playwrights. Students and lovers of modern theater will prize this inexpensive edition ofhis landmark drama.
- Author BiographyWinner of the Nobel Prize for Literature and four Pulitzer Prizes, Eugene O'Neill (1888 1953) is widely acknowledged as America's greatest playwright. Dover Thrift Editions of his works include Beyond the Horizon and Three Great Plays: The Emperor Jones, Anna Christie, and The Hairy Ape.
- Author(s)Eugene Gladstone O'Neill
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication28/03/2003
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleDover Thrift S.
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Out-of-print date13/10/2009
- Weight45 g
- Width114 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine4 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.