All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.55
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, which is the translated version of a Swedish book, combines a general introduction of a variety of antibiotics with a more in-depth discussion of resistance. The focus on resistance in learning about antibiotics will help future scientists recognize the problem antibiotics resistance poses for medicinal and drug-related fields, and perhaps trigger more research and discoveries to fight antibiotic resistant strains. Current overviews of the topic are included, along with specific discussions on the individual mechanisms (betalactams, glycopeptides, amiglycosides, etc) used in various antibacterial agents and explanations of how resistances to those develop. Methods for counteracting resistance development in bacteria are discussed as well.
- Author BiographyOla Skold, MD, PhD, is a professor in the Department of Microbiology at Uppsala University. He has also taught as a visiting professor at both the University of California and The University of Auckland in New Zealand. He is the author of over a hundred scientific papers published in international journals in the field of antibiotics and antibiotics resistance.
- Author(s)Ola Skold
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/05/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight384 g
- Width195 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.