Applied Demography: Applications to Business, Government, Law and Public Policy by Jacob S. Siegel (Hardback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $323.44+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $125.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionIn contrast to a typical general text in demography, which is concerned with demographic principles, trends, problems, and theories, Applied Demography explores the practical issues with which demographers working for government agencies, private nprofit organizations, and businesses deal. It emphasizes the applications of applied demography in a variety of related disciplines, such as geography, ecomics, gerontology, public policy, law, sociology, public administration, and business management. The data of these disciplines are taken into account, as are the methods of statistics and computer sciences. The book aims to inform the student of the wide range of applications of demography, including t only narrowly demographic situations but also ndemographic situations, such as manufacturing processes and the dynamics of organizations as a population.
- Author BiographyJacob S. Siegel has had three overlapping careers: former senior statistician for demographic research and analysis for the U.S. Census Bureau, former senior research scholar and professorial lecturer in demography in the Department of Demography, Georgetown University, and currently, private consultant, J. Stuart Siegel Demographic Services. In his career at the U.S. Census Bureau, Siegel received both the Gold Medal Award and the Silver Medal Award from the Department of Commerce. He is formerly President of the Population Association of America and is currently a Fellow of the American Statistical Association. For the past 20 years, Siegel has been working privately as an expert witness and a commissioned author of various technical documents in applied demography and gerontological demography. He is the author or co-author of three books, numerous monographs, papers, and book reviews. Applied Demography reflects the wide-ranging experience of the author as researcher, practitioner, and teacher of demography over the last several decades. He has been intimately involved in developments relating to population estimates and projections, evaluating census data for undercounts and other errors and serving as consultant and expert witness in high-profile cases on these and related matters.
- Author(s)Jacob S. Siegel
- PublisherEmerald Group Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication03/10/2001
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBingley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1203 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine43 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.