All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArchitects' Houses offers an insight into how contemporary architects live in the homes they have designed specifically for themselves and their family: from warehouses to apartments, from an entirely new build to a substantial revation. In the absence of a 'client' and a formal brief, architects can be truly adventurous, exploring groundbreaking, unconventional ideas and materials in designing their own houses. In this lavishly photographed book, Crafti looks at the fascinating details of the process involved, as much as the end result. What were the challenges, the hardships and the problems faced? Did ideas have to be modified to suit the budget? Were there compromises along the way? What discoveries were made? Architects' Houses also explores the things that didn't quite go to plan. Their insights and journeys will appeal to those looking for fresh ideas that go beyond the traditional offerings by architects.
- Author BiographyStephen Crafti has been writing on architecture and design for over 20 years. To date he has written 40 books and numerous stories for newspapers and magazines including The Age, The Sydney Morning Herald and The Australian Financial Review, Indesign and Habitus. Crafti hosts a radio program 'Talking Design' on behalf of RMIT University, as well as operating architecture and design tours both in Australia and in Europe.
- Author(s)Stephen Crafti
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication27/05/2015
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMurdoch Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2018 g
- Width250 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.