All listings for this product
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $81.77Trending at AU $87.07
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $43.30Trending at AU $45.60
- AU $41.49Trending at AU $42.54
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $16.24
About this product
- DescriptionThe guide opens with a beautiful colour section full of inspirational photographs and advice to help you plan your trip giving you a flavour of the best things to see and do. The guide then includes carefully selected itineraries giving you advice on how to get the best out of your stay whether you're travelling for a week or a month. From the dry deserts of the rth to the frozen landscapes of the south this guide provides extensive, thoroughly researched information which will help you plan your trip as well as advise you on the ground. The Essentials section provides great advice on how to get there and how to get around as well as information on sleeping, eating, drinking and shopping giving you an idea of what you can expect to pay. The heart of the guide is broken in to the key regions of Argentina - Bues Aires, Bues Aires province, Cordoba & Central Sierras, Mendoza & the West, the Northwest, The Northeast, Lake District, Patagonia, Chilean Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego - and gives you comprehensive information on each of these regions. Each regional section has an overview map, local information on how to get around with transport and street maps where relevant, a short history of the region, thorough advice on what to see and do and a directory of key local information on banks, embassies, internet cafes, medical and even laundry services. There is a full-colour mini atlas which has maps of each region to help you get your bearings and a distance chart to help you plan your journeys. From the behemoth capital Bues Aires with its hip bars and chic boutiques to the mighty Iguazu Falls thundering through lush jungle filled with electric-blue butterflies to silent glaciers stretching endlessly before you, Footprint's fully updated 6th edition will help you navigate this immense, intense and dramatic country.
- Author BiographyAustralian-born Lucy E Cousins has visited over 30 countries from Jordan to Venezuela, travelling by bus, bicycle, canoe, Amazon ferry and on foot, and has lived in London, Bolivia and Argentina. In 2004, while backpacking for a year around South America, she fell in love with Buenos Aires. Two years later she moved there to start her own English-language newspaper called The Argentimes. She has since worked as the editor of the Buenos Aires pages of ontheroadtravel.com, and the South American Explorers magazine and is the director of the Buenos Aires office of the South American Explorers. She has previously written for Conde Nast Traveller, Timeout and several other publications in Buenos Aires, Australia and Bolivia.
- Author(s)Lucy E. Cousins
- PublisherFootprint Travel Guides
- Date of Publication20/10/2010
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleFootprint Handbook
- Place of PublicationBath
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFootprint Travel Guides
- Out-of-print date27/01/2015
- Content Note12pp col. Illustrations, 12pp col. maps
- Weight494 g
- Width120 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.