All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAround a Greek Table explores the intriciacies of Greek cooking and makes these once-mysterious recipes both understandable and possible, and organizes 100 unique recipes around the Eastern Church's yearly seasons. The book also delves deep into tales of Greek life with intimate and historical essays exploring the ancient stories that are told around Greek tables in the hored tradition of combining myths with food.
- Author BiographyKaterina Katsarka Whitley is a native Greek who never lost her connections to her native land, a mother and grandmother, a teacher, a public speaker and dramatist, a writer, a passionate cook, and a cooking instructor. Her freelance writing on Greek culture, food, and travel has appeared in the News and Observer (Raleigh, NC) , The Catholic Middle East, Witness, and other religious journals, and in The Christian Science Monitor, where she also contributed literary essays. In addition to this, she taught at the Appalachian State University. Katerina is also deeply rooted in her religious community, having worked for over a decade with the Episcopal Church of New York, where she wrote speeches and sermons for the bishops and priests of that community. Today, she travels the country as a regular speaker at numerous Episcopal Churches.
- Author(s)Katerina Katsarka Whitley
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication03/04/2012
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight39 g
- Width188 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Photographs byJasmin Hejazi
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.