All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe new practice of art-based research uses art making as a primary mode of inquiry rather than continuing to borrow research methodologies from other disciplines to study artistic processes. Drawing on contributions from arts therapies, education, history, organizational studies, and philosophy, the essays critically examine challenges that include the personal nature of artistic inquiry and the complexities of the partnership with social science that has dominated applied arts research; how artistic discoveries are apt to emerge spontaneously; how truth can be examined through both fact and fiction as well as the interplay of objective and subjective experience; and ways of generating artistic evidence and communicating outcomes. Offering examples from all of the arts, this volume will be welcomed by researchers and students in many fields.
- Author BiographyShaun McNiff is professor at Lesley University and the author of Art-Based Research.
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication27/08/2013
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content Note15 halftones
- Weight478 g
- Width170 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byShaun McNiff
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.