All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionSalvador Dali is one of the most popular artists in the world, kwn for his lavish lifestyle, gravity-defying moustache, and bizarre art. This book tells the story of his life and explores the meaning of his Surrealist paintings. It goes beyond his fine art practice and discusses his venture into the commercial world, from his extravagant jewelry to his cheeky design for the Chupa Chups lollipops. Surrealism is revealed as a way of life; illustrations bring to life the extraordinary Dream Ball at the Coq Rouge, his fabulous home at Port Lligat, and his underwater fantasy at the World Fair's Surrealist pavilion. Fun, provoking, and endlessly frustrating, Dali is brought under the spotlight.
- Author BiographyCatherine Ingram is an art historian. She has taught at Christie's and the Tate Gallery and lectured at Imperial College. Andrew Rae is an illustrator and a member of the illustration collective Peepshow. He has worked for many clients worldwide in advertising, print, publishing, and animation.
- Author(s)Catherine Ingram
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Series TitleAsi Es ...
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width173 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Andrew Rae
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.