All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.66
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $129.71
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $182.59
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $28.85
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.74
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $88.77
About this product
- DescriptionThirteen-year-old Erica is a plain-Jane girl with special talents and a Boyfriend Wish List a mile long. She's t super duper smart like her younger sister or always the center of attention, like her greedy little brother nicknamed Jimmy Gimme. Then, one day, her mother comes home with nine bikinis - one to wear each day before her mastectomy. After the family learns of her cancer, they travel to South Texas to visit the cuarto de milagros, a room in a church where people leave treasured items in exchange for God's help. While there, Erica vows to convince 500 people to join a fundraiser walk for breast cancer awareness. In the end, she doesn't kw if her mom will fully recover but as she stands before a cheering crowd of women and survivors at the walk, she kws that when family and friends work together, miracles can happen. Diana is a stand-out Latina middle grade author on our list and she is able to incorporate multicultural themes into the story in a way that adds an extra layer to her writing and makes her characters even more memorable. Ask My Mood Ring How I Feel is an empowering vel, written in an engaging, commercial voice that addresses one of the most prominent and heart-breaking diseases of the twenty-first century. Introducing a young protagonist who is as resilient as she is inspiring, Ask My Mood Ring How I Feel is a testament to the supporters and the caretakers who battle breast cancer along with those who suffer from it.
- Author BiographyDiana Lopez is a native of Corpus Christi, Texas. Her adult novel, Sofia's Saints, was published by Bilingual Review Press in 2002, and she is a contributing author to Hecho en Tejas: An Anthology of Texas Mexican Literature. Diana now teaches English at the University of Houston in Victoria, Texas.
- Author(s)Diana Lopez
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication27/06/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown Young Readers
- Weight396 g
- Width134 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Interest Agefrom 9 to 11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.