Assessing and Measuring Caring in Nursing and Health Science by Jean Watson (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $158.07+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $129.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJean Watson has spent a lifetime studying the effect of caring in nursing, and in 2002 she offered the first edition of Assessing and Measuring Caring in Nursing and Health Science . This new edition is w the most comprehensive and current compendium of instruments for assessing and measuring caring in clinical and educational nursing research. This book becomes the first official publication of the Watson Caring Science Institute, an international n-profit foundation to further the work in caring science.The features of this new edition include: new instruments, focusing on assessing caring at the administrative-relational system caring level, addressing a new a population; new chapters on each of the caring instruments, incorporating diverse concepts such as quality of care; patient/client/nurses perceptions of caring; caring behaviors; caring abilities; and caring efficacy; a new chapter on the overview of research and measurement of caring; a new chapter entitled 'Caring Factor Survey'; and, a thoroughly updated master matrix with compilation of all the available caring instruments to-date, including the actual instruments for assessing caring, reported in the nursing literature from 1984 to 2008. Because this book discusses all the available measurement instruments on caring in nursing, along with their origins, development, and use, this second edition is the ideal one-stop resource for anyone in the health sciences or healing professions who needs to kw the latest in Caring Science.
- Author BiographyJean Watson, PhD, RN, HNC, FAAN, is Distinguished Professor of Nursing, former Dean of the School of Nursing, and sits in the nation's first endowed chair in Caring Science, all at the University of Colorado. She is founder of the Center for Human Caring and the Watson Science Caring Institute in Colorado, a Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing, past-president of the National League for Nursing, and acclaimed author of leading works in nursing education and Caritas (the philosophy, science and theory of caring). She lectures worldwide with upwards of 50 presentations yearly.
- Author(s)Jean Watson
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/09/2008
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.