All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionFrom distinguished educators, this book imagines what our schools could look like if an authentic vision of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) were put in place, and thoughtfully critiques how and why implementation has faltered. The authors outline a curriculum framework that focuses on student-based inquiry and the use of formative assessment to monitor and guide student learning. They provide workable, invative alternatives to the packaged instructional programs and summative tests that have come to be associated with the English language arts (ELA) standards. Vignettes of diverse schools and districts highlight a range of successful approaches to making the CCSS work.
- Author BiographyRobert C. Calfee, PhD, until his death in 2014, was Professor Emeritus of Education at Stanford Graduate School of Education. He was also a former Dean of the Graduate School of Education at the University of California, Riverside. A cognitive psychologist, Dr. Calfee conducted research on the effect of schooling on the intellectual potential of individuals and groups, the assessment of beginning literacy skills, and the broader reach of the school as a literate environment. Kathleen M. Wilson, PhD, is Associate Professor Emerita of Teaching, Learning, and Teacher Education at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. As a founding director of the University's Schmoker Reading Center, she studies teacher professional development in formative assessment and instruction of children experiencing difficulty with literacy acquisition. Most recently, Dr. Wilson has been exploring teachers' integration of digital technologies into literacy instruction.
- Author(s)Kathleen M. Wilson,Robert C. Calfee
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication23/02/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight470 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.