All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionAssessment really does matter in higher education. Internationally, academics - and those who support them - are seeking better ways to assess students, recognizing that diverse methods are available which may solve many of the problems associated with the evaluation of learning. Assessment Matters in Higher Education provides both theoretical perspectives and pragmatic advice on how to conduct effective assessment. It draws clearly on both relevant research and on its contributors' practical first hand experience (warts and all!). It asks, for example: * how can assessment methods best become an integral part of learning? * what strategies can be used to make assessment fairer, more consistent and more efficient? * how effective are invative approaches to assessment, and in what contexts do they prosper? * to what extent can students become involved in their own assessment? * how can we best assess learning in professional practice contexts? This is an important resource for all academics and academic managers involved in assessing their students.
- Author BiographySally Brown is Head of the Quality Enhancement Unit at the University of Northumbria at Newcastle. She is an experienced educational developer and consultant on matters of teaching, learning and, especially, assessment - and publishes widely in these fields. She is vice chair of the Staff and Educational Development Association (SEDA). Angela Glasner is the Regional Consultant for the East Midlands and the West Midlands at the Higher Education Funding Council for England; and she was formerly Associate Director in the Quality Assessment Division. Her earlier academic career spanned a number of years in universities in England and Australia, culminating as Head of the School of Social Sciences at Oxford Brookes University.
- Author(s)Angela Glasner,Sally Brown
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/1999
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleSociety for Research into Higher Education
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteindex
- Weight396 g
- Width60 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.