All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionThe Middle Euphrates region extends between the regions Jazirah and Northern Levant; it follows the course of the Euphrates from the south flanks of the Taurus mountains in Turkey almost to the modern borderline to Iraq. The settlement area drawn out between steppes in the east and in the west owes its particular character to just that life line with its fat soils but also to the trade routes meeting at the Euphrates Bend and connecting Anatolia to Mesopotamia and the Syrian east to the Levant. Especially for the 3rd millennium, finds and findings from the area under consideration show great cultural variety and demonstrate the different influences by the neighbouring regions that meet here at the Euphrates river. The international rescue excavations in the wake of dam projects in Turkey as well as in Syria yielded abundant material. The present study takes into account the results of more than forty sites. In agreement with the principles of ARCANE the richly illustrated account is divided along find groups and written by experts who supplemented their specific chrological findings thus arriving at a new periodization and termilogy for the 3rd millennium.
- Author BiographyUwe Finkbeiner teaches at the Institute for Ancient Near Eastern Studies (IANES), Department of Near Eastern Archaeology of Eberhard Karls University of Tubingen. His research focuses on questions of chronology and on the possibilities of pottery analysis to pinpoint periods and their boundaries. Mirko Novak teaches at the Institute for Near Eastern Archaeology of Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich. Main topics are architecture and semiotic approach in archaeology. Ferhan Sakal is researcher at the Institute for Ancient Near Eastern Studies (IANES), Department of Near Eastern Archaeology of Eberhard Karls University of Tubingen. His research interests cover the art and archaeology of the Bronze Age Near East.Paola Sconzo is researcher at the Institute for Ancient Near Eastern Studies (IANES), Department of Near Eastern Archaeology of Eberhard Karls University of Tubingen. Her research mainly focuses on pottery technology of the Bronze Age in the Near East.
- PublisherBrepols Publishers
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAncient History
- Series TitleArcane
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintBrepols Publishers
- Weight1792 g
- Width211 mm
- Height295 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byFerhan Sakal,Mirko Novak,Paola Sconzo,Uwe Finkbeiner
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.