All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a series of one hundred maps, Franco Moretti explores the fictionalization of geography in the nineteenth-century vel. Balzac's Paris, Dickens's London and Scott's Scottish Lowlands are mapped, alongside the territories of Spanish picaresque vels, African colonial romances and Russian vels of ideas, in a path-breaking study which suggests that space may well be the secret protagonist of cultural history.
- Author BiographyFranco Moretti teaches English and Comparative Literature at Columbia University. He is the author of Signs Taken for Wonders, The Way of the World and Modern Epic, all from Verso.
- Author(s)Franco Moretti
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication09/08/1999
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Content Note100 b&w maps
- Weight461 g
- Width153 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.