All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionScholarly work on the impact of an active audience on theatrical and dance performance is a relatively new phemen, one that until w has manifested itself largely in the form of scattered dialogue on the subject. Audience Participation: Essays on Inclusion in Performance serves as a corrective to this. While the passive audience has long been ackwledged in works on response theory and audience studies for its contribution to the performance event, performance styles that use the audience as an active contributing creative force have been appended to the studies as merely variations on a theme. This anthology brings together essays on direct audience participation in the work of fourteen widely varied theatrical and dance artists, covering performance genres of the past and present, popular entertainment and high art. Its comprehensiveness and uniqueness make it an important contribution to the literature on theater and its many forms and facets.
- Author BiographySUSAN KATTWINKEL is an Assistant Professor of Theater at the College of Charleston in South Carolina. She is active in several national theatrical organizations, most notably the Association for Theatre in Higher Education and the Southeastern Theatre Conference. She is the author of Tony Pastor Presents: Afterpieces from the Vaudeville Stage (Greenwood, 1998).
- Author(s)Susan Kattwinkel
- Date of Publication30/08/2003
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.