All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThey burn the grass in July to get it short again, and the decent hunting starts in August. --Robert Ruark Americans from Roosevelt to Hemingway to Ruark to Capstick to Robert Jones defined Africa in ways that European colonist ever would or could. In Augusts in Africa, Thomas McIntyre presents the stories he has gathered from four decades of safari-ing in Africa--and from among the most transforming days, weeks, and months of his life. For those who kw it well, these tales may read like accurate reflections of their own experiences on the continent. For others who have journeyed to Africa only briefly, or even t at all, there is a transporting insight to be found in them. And if there is more than one account on the hunting of the Cape buffalo, that is only because it, the buffalo, may simply represent the ideal combination (the perfect game ) of size, strength, intelligence, and vehemence to be found in any large wild animal and is therefore indicative of what draws us back again and again to Africa. Whether crouched in a blind for hours until he can clearly make out the individual rosettes on a leopard's hide or listening to the professional hunter utter Oh oh, you should run when faced with a charging elephant cow, Tom McIntyre brings to life amazing African animals and exciting expeditions in Augusts in Africa.
- Author BiographyTom McIntyre has written hundreds of articles appearing in Sports Afield, Field & Stream, Gray's Sporting Journal, Petersen's Hunting, American Hunter, Men's Journal, Outdoor Life, Bugle, Sporting Classics, Fly Rod & Reel, as well as in a score of anthologies. Tom is on the mastheads as a contributing editor of both Sports Afield and Field & Stream magazines. He resides in Wyoming. Craig Boddington spent the past forty years exploring our natural world as a hunter and sharing his knowledge and experiences in dozens of books and through thousands of published articles and essays. He's a decorated Marine and an award-winning author, and he remains a leading voice for conservation and ethical hunting around the world. He resides in California. Andrew Warrington has traveled extensively through Europe and North America, working in the outdoors and studying native game. His illustrations have appeared on the covers, and with the content, of nearly all the magazines devoted to hunting, as well as with some of the finest books on the outdoors, hunting, and wildlife. He lives in northwest England.
- Author(s)Thomas McIntyre
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication08/11/2016
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Content Note20 B&W illustrations
- Weight528 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Illustrator(s)Andrew Warrington
- Foreword byCraig Boddington
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.