All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionParents who find out their child might have autism are overwhelmed with doctors, therapists, and information all at once. It can be difficult for these parents to find the answers they need in a sea of resources, especially for a parent who is t familiar with autism termilogy and treatments. This little book is the perfect way to get acquainted with autism and early intervention strategies. It answers questions such as: What is autism? What are the signs of autism? Who is involved in my child's evaluation? What should I expect at the time of diagsis? What are the goals of early intervention? How do I choose which treatments are right for my child? In addition to Dr. Melmed's compassionate yet practical advice, this book offers easy-to-read charts, a glossary of autism terms, and a comprehensive, antated list of resources.
- Author BiographyRaun D. Melmed is a developmental and behavioral pediatrician and Director of the Melmed Center in Scottsdale, Arizona. He is also co-founder and Medical Director of the Southwest Autism Research and Resource Center, and Adjunct Senior Researcher at the Translational Genomics Institute in Phoenix. Dr. Melmed has established physician-training programs for the early identification of infants and toddlers with autism and other developmental and behavioral concerns. He is currently investigating the genetics and phenotypes of autism, as well as the use of novel therapeutic agents in the treatment of ADHD and autism.
- Author(s)Raun D. Melmed
- PublisherFuture Horizons Incorporated
- Date of Publication15/01/2007
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationArlington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFuture Horizons Incorporated
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.