All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe only Revit tutorial guide based on a real project workflow Autodesk Revit Architecture No Experience Required is the ultimate real-world guide for mastering this increasingly prevalent BIM software package. Using a continuous, step-by-step tutorial, this book walks you through all project phases as you learn the basics of Revit by designing, documenting, and presenting a four-story office building. You'll begin by learning your way around the interface and conventions, then jump right into design by placing walls, doors, and windows. Next you'll work with grids, beams, foundations, dimensions, and text as you build floors layer by layer, join walls, create ceilings and roofs, and place stairs, ramps, and railings. The instruction covers construction documentation, advanced detailing, and families, as well as site considerations including grading and top surface features to provide a well-rounded, real-world Revit skill set. The companion website features downloadable 'before and after' tutorial files that allow you to jump in at any point and compare your work to the pros. The shift from 2D drafting to 3D building information modeling has made Revit a must-have skill for an increasing number of design, engineering, and construction professionals. This book is designed to teach you the basics quickly, using a real-world workflow, process, and pacing. * Get acquainted with the Revit interface, then immediately start building * Learn to place structural components, text, dimensions, and more * Understand views, grids, editing, importing, exporting, and work sharing * Generate construction documentation including schedules and material takeoffs This simple yet engaging tutorial brings together all of the major skills a Revit user needs to kw to complete real workplace projects. Whether read from beginning to end as a comprehensive lesson, or used as 'dip-in' reference for unfamiliar tasks, Autodesk Revit Architecture No Experience Required provides invaluable practical BIM instruction for every phase of a project.
- Author BiographyEric Wing is an architectural engineer and the Building Information Modeling manager at a New York engineering firm. An Autodesk Certified Instructor, he is director of the Autodesk User Group International (AUGI) Training Program and the author of four books. Eric is also a Revit columnist for AUGIWorld magazine and AUGI HotNews and ConnectPress. He is a popular speaker at Autodesk University and often addresses American Institute of Architects, CSI, and AUGI user group events.
- Author(s)Eric Wing
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication18/10/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight950 g
- Width188 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.