Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionMitch Kowalski has translated his considerable understanding of tomorrow's legal profession into an original, provocative and entertaining narrative. -Professor Richard Susskind, author of The End of Lawyers? This is the most invative law practice management book I've ever seen. Mitch has deftly combined an engaging vel about the lives of working lawyers with an illuminating treatise on how law firms must respond to extraordinary change in the legal marketplace. Avoiding Extinction is as entertaining as it is instructive -- and it couldn't be more timely. -Jordan Furlong, Partner, Edge International This is a must read for managing partners, and for all lawyers under the age of 50. Written as a parable, once you pick it up it's difficult to put down. And it literally screams relevance to the lives of those lawyers today who worry about the sustainability of the current model of legal practice. Big firm or small. City or rural - matter, this book is for you. Can the law be both a profession and a business? Is it possible to escape the tyranny of the billable hour? Is it realistic to imagine being a truly happy lawyer in private practice in the twenty-first century? You bet - and Mitch Kowalski shows us how! -Ian Holloway QC, Dean of Law, The University of Calgary Avoiding Extinction is the most original, far-thinking and invative book on transforming the way that law is practised that I have ever read. Mitch has taken the traditional law firm and turned it upside down. In the process he has reworked the law firm model and given us an insight into how a firm could be structured and run. If you are looking for a creative vision into what a new, truly different law firm could look like, then this book is manna from heaven. -David J. Bilinsky, Practice Management Advisor, lawyer and writer on law practice management and techlogy. Creator of the law blog, Thoughtful Legal Management.
- Author(s)Mitchell Kowalski
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight223 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.