Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.28+ AU $17.99 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booksintown
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionChemistry can be a daunting subject for the uninitiated, and all too often, introductory textbooks do little to make students feel at ease with the complex subject matter. Basic Chemistry Concepts and Exercises brings the wisdom of John Kenkel's more than 35 years of teaching experience to communicate the fundamentals of chemistry in a practical, down-to-earth manner. Using conversational language and logically assembled graphics, the book concisely introduces each topic without overwhelming students with unnecessary detail. Example problems and end-of-chapter questions emphasize repetition of concepts, preparing students to become adept at the basics before they progress to an advanced general chemistry course. Enhanced with visualization techniques such as the first chapter's mythical microscope, the book clarifies challenging, abstract ideas and stimulates curiosity into what can otherwise be an overwhelming topic. Topics discussed in this reader-friendly text include: * Properties and structure of matter * Atoms, molecules, and compounds * The Periodic Table * Atomic weight, formula weights, and moles * Gases and solutions * Chemical equilibrium * Acids, bases, and pH * Organic chemicals The appendix contains answers to the homework exercises so students can check their work and receive instant feedback as to whether they have adequately grasped the concepts before moving on to the next section. Designed to help students embrace chemistry t with trepidation, but with confidence, this solid preparatory text forms a firm foundation for more advanced chemistry training.
- Author BiographyJohn Kenkel is a chemistry instructor at Southeast Community College (SCC) in Lincoln, Nebraska. Throughout his 33-year career at SCC, he has been directly involved in the education of chemistry-based laboratory technicians in a vocational program presently named Laboratory Science Technology. He has also been heavily involved in chemistry-based laboratory technician education on a national scale, having served on a number of American Chemical Society (ACS) committees, including the Committee on Technician Activities and the Coordinating Committee for the Voluntary Industry Standards project. Kenkel has been the Principal Investigator for a series of curriculum development project grants funded by the National Science Foundation's Advanced Technological Education Program, from which three of his seven books evolved.
- Author(s)John Kenkel
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication24/09/2010
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note198 black & white illustrations, 68 black & white tables
- Weight308 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.