Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.45Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $6.99+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.39Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe casualties of war aren't only on the battlefield...Coming back from war is never easy, as Sergeant Dave Henley's platoon discovers all too quickly when they return from fighting in Afghanistan. Life at home is very different than on the battlefield - for everyone. When they are summoned back to Helmand to protect the US team assigned to destroy the opium crop, it is almost a relief to the soldiers, if t to their wives, girlfriends and families who are turned inside out once more by their men's sudden departure. For all concerned, danger lurks around every corner - for Dave's team who must learn new skills to survive, and their loved ones in England, whose lives can be destroyed by equally deadly weapons - a harsh look, a misunderstanding, an ugly rumour. Like War Torn , Battle Lines is at once a gritty, close-to-the-action thriller and an involving story of the stresses and strains which families and relationships suffer when separated by thousands of miles and a wealth of experience. This is everyday life made brilliantly real by Andy McNab, whose continued involvement with the men and women of the British Army gives this extraordinary vel its authenticity, its toughness and its heart. This is real life brought brilliantly alive by Andy McNab, whose continued involvement with the men and women of the British Army gives this extraordinary vel its authenticity, its toughness and its heart.
- Author BiographyFrom the day he was found in a carrier bag on the steps of Guy's Hospital, Andy McNab has lived an extraordinary life. As a teenage delinquent, he kicked against society. As a young soldier he waged war against the IRA in the streets and fields of South Armagh. As a member of 22 SAS he was at the centre of covert operations for nine years - on five continents. During the Gulf War he commanded Bravo Two Zero, a patrol that, in the words of his commanding officer, 'will remain in regimental history for ever'. Awarded both the Distinguished Conduct Medal (DCM) and Military Medal (MM) during his military career, McNab was the British Army's most highly decorated serving soldier when he finally left the SAS. Since then Andy McNab has become one of the world's bestselling writers, drawing on his insider knowledge and experience. As well as three nonfiction bestsellers, he is the author of the bestselling Nick Stone thrillers. Besides his writing work, he lectures to security and intelligence agencies in both the USA and UK , works in the film industry advising Hollywood on everything from covert procedure to training civilian actors to act like soldiers and he continues to be a spokesperson and fundraiser for both military and literacy charities. www.andymcnab.com
- Author(s)Andy McNab,Kym Jordan
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication19/07/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Press
- Out-of-print date11/08/2014
- Content NoteNo
- Weight696 g
- Width161 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.