All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDr. Steven Q. Wang, a world-rewned skin cancer expert, provides an essential guide for people with melama and their families. The book's unique, practical format approaches the disease in two phases, just as people with melama need to do. First comes a step-by-step guide for what Dr. Wang calls the mad rush phase-an intense and stressful period from diagsis to completing initial treatment. Dr. Wang's calm guidance helps readers through this critical time, using an easy to understand plan for ensuring optimal treatment and survival outcomes. Once the mad rush phase is over, the marathon phase begins-life resumes its rmal shape but with lingering concerns about new melama and metastases. Here Dr. Wang addresses common questions about prevention and progsis. Beating Melama offers current research in the diagsis, treatment, and prevention of melama; photographs of different kinds of skin cancers; and a readable narrative that demystifies everything from the pathology report to the stages of cancer. The only book to outline detailed instructions for melama patients at all stages of their disease, it is a guide that people with melama will turn to with confidence.
- Author BiographySteven Q. Wang, M.D., is director of dermatologic surgery and dermatology at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Basking Ridge, New Jersey. He has published widely in medical journals and academic textbooks; has lectured extensively in the United States, Britain, Italy, Israel, Spain, Canada, China, Hong Kong, and Mexico; and has been featured as a skin cancer expert in the New York Times.
- Author(s)Steven Q. Wang
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2011
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Series TitleA Johns Hopkins Press Health Book
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note25, 3 black & white line drawings, 2 black & white halftones, 20 colour illustrations
- Weight158 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.