Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $45.29
- AU $35.57Trending at AU $38.75
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $12.88
- AU $34.99Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $20.19
- AU $10.71Trending at AU $16.29
- AU $10.71Trending at AU $14.39
About this product
- DescriptionA must-read for generations of book lovers, this remarkable prequel to the classic Anne of Green Gables was specially authorized by L. M. Montgomery's heirs to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the publication of the original vel. Before Green Gables is the story of Anne Shirley's life before her arrival at Green Gables-a heartwarming tale of a precocious child whose lively imagination and relentless spirit help her to overcome difficult circumstances and of a young girl's ability to love, learn, and above all, dream.Published in 1908, L. M. Montgomery's coming-of-age classic Anne of Green Gables has enchanted generations of readers, both children and adults. The story of the spunky red-haired orphan from Prince Edward Island is kwn to millions, and copies of the eight titles in the series have never gone out of print. But when readers first meet Anne, she is only eleven and has just been sent from an orphanage to meet her new family. No one ever knew the events of Anne's life before she arrived at Green Gables. Until w. For the millions of readers who devoured the Green Gables series, Before Green Gables is an irresistible treat: the account of how one of literature's most beloved heroines became the girl who captivated the world.
- Author BiographyAuthor Budge Wilson was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Her many prizes include seventeen Canadian Children's Book Centre Our Choice Awards and the Canadian Library Association's Young Adult Canadian Book Award. Her collection of short stories The Leaving was named a Notable Book by the American Library Association and was later included on the association's list of 75 Best Children's Books of the Last 25 Years. In 2004, she was made a member of the Order of Canada. Renee Raudman is a multi-award-winning audiobook narrator. A multiple Audie Award nominee, she has earned a number of AudioFile Earphones Awards, including for The Last Secret by Mary McGarry Morris and Wesley the Owl by Stacey O'Brien, as well as a Publishers Weekly Listen-Up Award for Joe Schreiber's Chasing the Dead. She has also performed on film, TV, radio, and stage, including the recurring roles of Jordon on ABC's One Life To Live, Phyllis on NBC's Passions, and guest-starring roles on prime-time TV. She has been heard in cartoons (The Simpsons, Billy & Mandy), videogames, and on the E! channel. Her narration of Homer's Odyssey by Gwen Cooper was selected by Library Journal as one of the best audiobooks of 2009, and her reading of Marthe Jocelyn's Would You was selected by the ALA as one of the best young adult audiobooks of 2009.
- Author(s)Budge Wilson
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication14/02/2008
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Renee Raudman
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time840
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.