Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.23+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionFiona Phillips is one of our best-loved television presenters. Well-kwn for being warm, chatty and down to earth, she attended her local comprehensive in Southampton before studying English in Birmingham. For over twelve years she presented GMTV, during which time she interviewed some of the most famous and influential people on the planet, from film stars to royalty, politicians to local heroes. But in August 2008 Fiona anunced that she was to quit the job she loved, revealing that her father, Phil, had been diagsed with Alzheimer's just a year after her mother had died of the same disease and that she had decided to devote more time to him and to her family. Before I Forget is a wonderfully honest account of growing up in the 1960s and 70s within a complex family. During her childhood her father could sometimes be distant and demanding which both saddened her and drove her to succeed, her mother always the devoted wife and the steady heart of the family. When Fiona lands the job at GMTV she revels in how proud they are of her achievement. When her mother and then her father succumb to Alzheimer's we share in Fiona's sadness as she movingly describes watching them fade away, one moment interviewing George Clooney the next taking a call from Pembrokeshire Social Services to say that her mother had wandered away from her care home. Before I Forget is an extraordinary book which will resonate with Fiona's millions of fans and the millions of people who day-by-day are going through, or have gone through, the same experiences.
- Author BiographyFiona Phillips is a television presenter who until recently presented GMTV for over 12 years. She has presented numerous television and radio programmes, has appeared in two feature films, writes a weekly column in the Daily Mirror and is a columnist for Tesco magazine. Fiona has written widely on Alzheimer's in newspapers and magazines and campaigns for more support from the government for carers. In January 2009 she made the Channel Four programme Mum, Dad, Alzheimer's and Me and in January 2010 followed it up with My Family and Alzheimer's. She lives in London with her husband and two children.
- Author(s)Fiona Phillips
- Date of Publication02/09/2010
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPreface Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight589 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.