All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBook & 2 CDs. This Hippocrene best-seller has been redesigned and updated, making learning to speak, read, and write Mandarin Chinese easier than ever! Spoken by over 850 million people world-wide, Mandarin Chinese is the standard dialect for business and trade in China, one of the six official languages of the United Nations, and the world's most widely spoken language. Mandarin is also a useful study tool for stu-dents of the Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, and Tibetan languages, all of which have strong cultural roots in Chinese. New features in this edition include: Ten practical lessons with dialogues, vocabulary, and exercises; New audio CDs featuring professional actors from Beijing; Updated cultural and language tes; An attractive, easy-to-read presentation of the Chinese characters; Additional exercises for teaching stroke order and writing skills; An index providing traditional character equivalents; New techlogy sections on how to read and write Chinese characters on a computer.
- Author BiographyYong Ho received his Ph.D. in anthropology and linguistics, with a specialty in Chinese anthropology and language, from Columbia University. He served as the Director of Language at the China Institute in New york City and has taught Chinese at various institutions in the U.S. His other books include Chinese Practical Dictionary, Beginner's Chinese with 2 Audio CDs (Second Edition), China: An Illustrated History, and Chinese Dictionary & Phrasebook, all published by Hippocrene Books.
- Author(s)Yong Ho
- PublisherHippocrene Books Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication04/11/2010
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHippocrene Books Inc.,U.S.
- Weight438 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and 2 Audio CDs (Performance - spoken word)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.