All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEgfrid is the prince of Bernicia, an Anglo-Saxon kingdom. When he is captured by Penda, King of Mercia during a raid, all seems lost. But though the fierce warrior Penda hates Egfrid's cowardly father, he won't kill the boy. Instead, Egfrid is to be brought up, as hostage and adopted son, in the court of his father's worst enemy...This fascinating look into a long-vanished past reveals the clashes between small kingdoms, between pagan and Christian beliefs, and between the loyalty demanded by blood and given from the heart. A richly detailed and moving tale, inspired by the Staffordshire Hoard, the largest collection of Anglo-Saxon gold ever found.
- Author BiographyTheresa spent most of her childhood in Cleveland and North Yorkshire, whereher father was a vicar. Many of her fiction ideas come from the rich sources of history and mythology, still very much alive in that area. She has three grown up children and is now a doting grandmother, living in Whitby with her architect husband Tom. As a child she loved drawing, painting and dancing and it was only as an adult that she began to write and illustrate stories for her children. She especially enjoys writing historical fiction.
- Author(s)Theresa Tomlinson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleACB Originals
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content NoteNo
- Weight111 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Interest Agefrom 9 to 11
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.11
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.55
- AU $60.00Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $31.69
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $31.69
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.41
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.